If you want to lose weight and lose those extra pounds in a short period of time, bet on the artichoke diet. This diet helps you lose weight and achieve good results in just one week.
However, the artichoke diet is mostly recommended for those people who should only lose 3 or 4 pounds, not for people with obesity problems who need to lose a lot of weight.
After finishing the diet, you should maintain healthy eating habits and continue to be physically active to avoid the rebound effect. In this article, you will find out how to make the artichoke diet.
The artichoke diet belongs to mono-diets or also popularly known as “miracle diets”, as it promises significant weight loss in a short period of time. Anyone who strictly follows the plan will lose up to 4 pounds in a week.
10 benefits of artichoke
- lowers cholesterol
- Improves liver health
- It’s good for the digestion
- Decreases blood glucose
- lowers blood pressure
- Vegetables are one of the good natural sources of vitamin K
- It is an important source of antioxidant compounds
- Excellent source of vitamin A and folic acid
- Source of minerals such as copper, calcium, potassium, iron, manganese and phosphorus
- Helps with weight loss
What is the artichoke diet?
Artichoke, whose scientific name is Cynara Scolymus L , is one of the foods that has been highlighted as a weight loss supplement. Due to its multiple culinary and medicinal applications, it is an ingredient known almost all over the world .
The famous artichoke diet has multiple adaptations. However, in general, it consists of a “detox” plan that should only be implemented in 3 to 5 days . While there are diets that suggest this for up to a month, it’s best to stick to short plans to avoid unwanted effects.
During this time, a lighter, lower-calorie diet is recommended to reduce the burden on the body. Therefore, consumption of saturated fats, sugars, refined flours and other ingredients that tend to affect excess weight should be suppressed.
Instead, it is proposed to increase consumption of organic foods and, of course, artichoke . Thanks to its properties, this vegetable helps to break down fat and reduces the presence of toxins and fluids in tissues.
Benefits of the Artichoke Diet
The main benefit of the artichoke diet is that it helps to reduce measurements in a short amount of time. Due to its detoxifying and slimming effect, it is a good option to start improving your figure without risking your health . Other advantages of following this plan are:
- It helps to facilitate the decomposition of fats and reduces the formation of lumps and rolls .
- Controls high levels of cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Improves circulatory and lymphatic health , minimizing the appearance of cellulite.
- Regulates blood glucose levels to lower the risk of diabetes.
- Optimizes the functioning of the liver and gallbladder .
- Its fiber contributions improve intestinal transit and reduce constipation.
- Unlike other diets, it doesn’t produce a lot of anxiety , as fiber prolongs the feeling of fullness longer.
- It stimulates the elimination of uric acid to prevent joint pain and gout.
- Decreases abdominal inflammation to achieve a flatter tummy.
Disadvantages of the Artichoke Diet
Despite being such a highly recommended plan for losing weight, the artichoke diet has some disadvantages that are worth considering .
- Being a type of “detox” diet , it can only be adopted for about 5 days . Therefore, after the end of this period, regular eating should be completely improved.
- If the overall diet is not optimized, the effects obtained with the artichoke diet are lost in a short period of time. In fact, it is possible that it causes the undesirable “yo-yo effect”.
- Some models of this diet are too low-calorie and do not provide the nutrients the body needs to function well. Therefore, it is important to choose the options that propose balanced menus .
- Eating a lot of artichokes can produce flatulence.
Contraindications to the artichoke diet
In addition to the above mentioned disadvantages, this type of diet is contraindicated in some special cases. It is essential to recognize them, because their adoption can lead to serious health complications . This plan should not be followed if:
- Pregnancy and lactation period
- biliary obstruction
- Consumption of medications for hypertension or heart disease
- Kidney or liver failure
Why does artichoke help you lose weight?
Artichokes help you lose weight, because they contain properties that accelerate fat burning and regulate our body. These are the main benefits of artichoke:
- Artichokes contain high levels of fiber. Fiber reduces the amount of glucose in the blood, preventing this sugar from being turned into fat. Furthermore, thanks to its fiber, it also makes you feel satisfied and prevents hunger between meals.
- Artichoke is a diuretic food that helps eliminate toxins and reduces water retention and cellulite, all of which make you lose weight quickly. It’s a low calorie vegetable, about 22 calories per 100 grams.
- Artichokes contain Cinarin, a substance that helps break down fatty acids , as well as phytosterols that help control bad cholesterol and inulin, an insulin-like hormone that helps stabilize glucose.
For all that, artichoke is a great vegetable to include in your diet to lose weight . However, artichoke is not a magical vegetable, so you should not neglect a healthy lifestyle to obtain good results.
How to make the 3-Day Artichoke Diet
Several years ago the 3-day artichoke diet became popular and is now followed by many famous people. This slimming diet promises to lose weight fast, in just one week. But you should know, that following this diet for longer can cause a lack of nutrients in the body.
This weight-loss plan basically consists of eating artichokes for lunch and dinner, accompanied by drinking a lot of water to cleanse the body. During the days that the diet lasts, you can include the following:
- non-fat dairy products
- Vegetables and any fruit except banana
- White meat such as chicken or turkey
- White fish
- Whole wheat bread (in small portions)
- Brown rice (in small portions)
Low calorie foods and increased fiber intake are what will make you lose weight considerably in this short period of time. However, as with many diets, when you go back to your usual diet, you may experience the “rebound effect” and regain weight.
we’ve separated a list of materials you’ll love
Menu for the artichoke diet
The secret to avoid suffering negative effects when making the artichoke diet is to try to respect the concept of a balanced diet as much as possible. Although some plans suggest restrictions, it’s best to opt for those that make a proper mix of all the nutrients . We give you some options:
- Cup of green tea; slice of wholegrain bread with tomato and cottage cheese and half baked artichoke.
- Glass of artichoke and lemon infusion; Wholegrain toast with avocado and boiled egg.
- Scrambled egg with artichoke and spinach; glass of grapefruit juice and whole grain bread.
- Stir-fried artichokes; portion of grilled fish and mixed salad.
- Portion of roast beef; artichoke cooked and seasoned with oil; Two slices of wholegrain bread and rice.
- Bowl of artichoke soup with chicken; portion of brown rice and salad.
- Artichoke sandwich with grilled cheese and infusion cup.
- Artichoke baked with oil; two slices of sliced turkey ham and tomato.
- Artichoke salad and roasted fish portion.
- Fruit salad.
- Glass of vegetable milk.
- Natural yogurt with nuts.
The artichoke, as a vegetable, represents an important aid due to its digestive and depurative properties, which you can always include in your diet, even after finishing the 3-day diet.
Artichoke Nutritional Table
|Nutritional table||Quantity per 100 grams|
|Total fat||0,2 g|
|Saturated fat||0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fats||0,1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fats||0 g|
|food fiber||5 g|
|Vitamin A||13 IU|
|Vitamin C||11,7 mg|
|Vitamin D||0 IU|
|Vitamin B6||0,1 mg|
|B12 vitamin||0 µg|
Summarizing the artichoke diet
The artichoke diet is one of the many alternatives to detoxify the body and lose weight in a few days . However, to maintain its effects and avoid a rebound reaction, it is essential to follow a balanced diet at the end of the plan.